Friday, June 5, 2009

Born a Pit Bull Poem


This poem is by the author of this site Jennifer Stelter
I hope you like



Born a Pit Bull


I was born a pit bull
I did not ask to be
this is the life god has chosen for me
what have I done to deserve this fate
you put me in a cage and teach me to hate
I dream of a day when I get to be free
I would be so kind just wait and see
untill then I keep my dreams close to my heart
I wake up everyday in hopes of a new start
I dont want to be bad
I wasnt born like this
but you took me from my mother and
threw me in the pits.
somehow I won but I recieved no prize
just made it to the next night and a dog of another size
Im not sure if its worth the pain that I know
but sadly I love you so this time Ill go
I just wanted to make you happy
for I thought you were my friend
but with the days passing I wish it was the end
you said this is my last fight so I cant wait to go
I feel things will get better so maybe theres hope
I am a little older and wish I was faster but
I will try my best for you are my master
this fight is harder then I thought, and I just cant seem to win
the years of pain are starting to kick in
its not looking good for me as I lay on the ground
I cant get this one off me
and cant make a sound
dont let me die dont let this be the end
prove to me this one time that you are my friend
with my eyes im telling you what I need to say
and with my last breath
I look to you to see you turn and walk away
see I was born a pit bull
and did not ask to be
but I am in a better place in heaven where I can be free

by jennifer stelter 2008

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Very touching. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Unknown said...

That's beautiful. I started crying omg I would love to have this to hang up on my wall